The Content and Platform Writer is an important piece of our puzzle, serving to practically reach more people, in new ways, and with greater impact. The right candidate must through creative writing, support our clients’ ambitions. The incumbent must drive the user-centered digital content of Stractiv8 Impact and create and manage digital content that supports, and is informed by, the needs of our clients.
Reporting To: Account Manager
Employment Type: 6 months contract
CTC: Market Related
Date of Advert: 15 December 2022
Closing Date: 13 January 2023
Suitably qualified candidates must forward their CVs & qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 13th of January 2023. Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
The incumbent will play a key role in producing and publishing content that responds to a continentally reaching and diverse community, and will work across the whole Stractiv8 Impact portfolio, owning content and collaborating with a team that strives to deliver to its niche clients.
We welcome applications from candidates living on the African continent.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Content production, with experience in search engine optimization and tailoring content for targeted audiences.
· Planning and building high-performing campaigns, newsletters and user-centered content creation methods.
· Using analytics to plan new content and creating and optimizing high-quality web pages that act as the start of compelling user journeys.
· Implementing SEO requirements and email marketing.
· Conducting research on industry-related topics in order to develop original content.
· Developing content for blogs, articles, product descriptions, social media, and the company website.
· Assisting business development colleagues in developing content for advertising campaigns.
· Proofreading submitted content for errors and inconsistencies.
· Editing and polishing existing content to improve readability.
· Conducting keyword research and using SEO best practices to increase traffic to the company website.
· Ensure content across all channels is consistent, compelling, and engaging – aligned with our brand identity.
· Improve the product (the website) by replenishing and updating existing website content to ensure it’s relevant and up to date.
· Provide support, feedback, and advice to colleagues on how they can improve their team’s content in a timely way.
· Identifying customers’ needs and recommending new content to address gaps in the company’s current content
QUALIFICATIONS & ESSENTIAL SKILLS
· BA or BCom in Marketing, English, Journalism, or related field
· Proven work experience as a Content Writer, Copywriter, Journalist or similar role
· Portfolio of published articles
· Experience doing research using multiple sources
· Familiarity with web publications
· Excellent writing and editing skills in English (Ability to work in French is advantageous)
· Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g., WordPress)
· Ability to meet deadlines
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
· Good understanding of pre-production, production and postproduction phases of content creation
· Able to conceive, create, develop and produce compelling designed content which meets brand guidelines across creative outputs
· Superb verbal and written communication skills
· Understand how to use different media to reach/engage different types of audiences appropriately when producing/presenting content
· Good understanding of how to tailor content for the web and make it accessible to those using screen readers and other accessibility tools
· Good ability to organize workflow, and able to multitask and work to deadlines under
· Great at problem-solving and mitigating risk while proactive in the approach to content
· Proven ability to complete projects to budget and on time
· Excellent design, layout, and attention to detail
· Ability to work cross-collaboratively within the team and across the organisation, working independently but also as part of the Stractiv8 Impact structure
· Social media and digital savvy
· Quality focus and attention to detail
· Knowledge of agile development (Desirable)
· Search engine optimization (SEO)
· Time management
· Knowledge of social media and digital platforms